Professional Products Market Consultant (Germany)
Working in close consultation with the European Sales Manager (Professional Products) the person will be required to support the professional products business through Exosect’s appointed partner / distributor network primarily in Germany and in other German speaking markets required from time to time.
The main goal is to support the partner / distributor in their sales of our products to their network of pest control operators (PCO) and end users.
The Market Consultant will be responsible for achieving the budgeted sales and therefore it will be important to liaise with the distribution network giving training on the products and their correct deployment and use at sites.
A reasonable proportion of your time will also be spent assisting the pest control operator at their customer’s premises where you would offer technical advice regarding the products and answer any questions either party may have.
Close liaison will also be required with Exosect’s Professional Products Development Manager to keep up to date on technical developments.
- Monthly/Quarterly performance review meetings with distributor network, documented and distributed to Exosect Management.
- Achieve open lines of communication with the major pest control companies so that training and technical support can be conducted efficiently and professionally.
- Site visits to end users such as bakeries, confectioners and cereal factories will form part of the support given to the PCO.
- Understand the requirements of external auditing bodies such as the supermarkets, American Institute of Bakers (AIB) and British Retail Consortium (BRC).
- A monthly report to be submitted summarising visits, action points and any follow up points, to include monthly forecasting of sales revenue.
- Attendance of a minimum of quarterly meetings with European Sales Manager Professional Products and the commercial team within Exosect.
Professional Products Market Consultant will report directly to the European Sales Manager of Professional Products, based at Exosect Ltd in the U.K.
The candidate should;
- Be an independent, self-assured individual with a minimum of two years experience gained in the pest control industry, ideally experienced in visiting food manufacturing and processing sites. With the ability to operate in a sales and technical mode, with experience of negotiation at all levels, and the ability to be flexible in their approach to all situations.
- Good English written / oral skills are required, one or more European languages one of which must be German. The ability to write professional reports and communicate clearly with pest control operators and technical managers of food factories is essential.
- Have demonstrable experience of working in the pest control industry and positive professional relations with businesses associated within or around this market.
- Capable of travelling around European countries as 80% of time will be spent in these areas. Ideally living in Germany, or bordering countries.
Candidate should hold a relevant pest control industry qualification and have worked in the industry. It is likely that the best candidates will have the equivalent of a degree or be able to demonstrate a good level of formal education.
- Have the ability to communicate at different levels within different companies.
- Be able to present product data at meetings and deliver training to small groups.
- Be hard working and versatile with a robust sense of humour.
- Have ambitions to undertake further personal development and training.
- Out of hours working will be required, due to trips around Europe visiting our distribution network and end users.
- The candidate will be required to work from home in Germany (or adjacent country).
Salary: Competitive, plus excellent benefits
Closing date 30th February 2010
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to:
Leylands Business Park
Alternatively please email email@example.com.